In my most recent trip with Under30Experiences to Peru. I created a quick video and blog (What To Pack For Peru- Machu Picchu) post about what to pack for my three-week trip to Peru. To be honest, I packed too much! Surprise. Surprise.
Now that I HAVE MADE the mistakes, I figured I share some light. Promise this list will be extremely useful.
What To Pack: (this was the original list. What now has a
STRIKETHROUGH is no longer needed) – I believe this will narrow down at least 50% of the list. Making packing for Peru and Machu Picchu a joke!
*NOTE: Make sure to always check a weather app for the local weather forecast. This will help you decided how many items to bring of each. If you’re going in June-July, it’s winter in Peru, so the weather is usually chilly (but not too cold) during the day, but really cold at night.
- Long sleeved shirt- I would bring 3 MAX
- Hooded sweatshirt- * If you like to shop, you could buy a cheap wool, Peruvian style in Cusco. If not, 1 us fine.
- Warm socks- 1 pair to sleep in. 2 for hiking.
- Yoga or athletic pants- 2 MAX
- Winter hat and gloves/ cap
- Clothes to go out to casual dinner- No one really dresses up. I’d maybe bring 1 nice sweater. It’s also really cold in Cusco so something warm will help.
Not too fancy: One casual shirt or nice blouse One long sleeve dress
Toiletries (make sure to bring travel size)
- Shampoo, Conditioner
- Sunscreen gloss
- Hiking/ Trekking Sneakers or boots (suggest waterproof)
Sneakers or shoes to wear all day when you’re walking in the town-If you have hiking/trekking sneakers you don’t need another pair or sneakers. I would bring light TOMS or a pair of Converse.
- One pair of light flip-flops
One pair of nice boots for going out (don’t have to be heels)
- A day bag or side bag for sightseeing
- Passport (and a photocopy of your passport)
- Camera gear (Camera, GroPro, tripod, etc. )